We are seeking a Senior Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) Manager (m/f/d) to lead our SHE department and oversee all aspects of safety, health and environmental management within our organisation. As the Department Head, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing comprehensive SHE programs that align with industry best practices and regulatory standards. Your role will be pivotal in ensuring the well-being of our employees, the integrity of our projects and the sustainability of our operations.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the SHE department, aligning goals with the company's overall mission and objectives.
- Develop, review and update SHE policies, procedures and guidelines in line with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local, national and international safety and environmental regulations, making necessary recommendations and adjustments.
Risk Assessment and Management:
- Conduct thorough risk assessments of workplace activities, processes and projects to identify potential hazards and develop mitigation strategies.
Training and Education:
- Design and implement training programmes to educate employees and contractors on SHE best practices, emergency response protocols and incident reporting procedures.
- Lead investigations into incidents, accidents and near misses to identify root causes and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Collaborate with project teams, clients, regulatory authorities and external consultants to promote a culture of safety and sustainability throughout the organisation.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of SHE programmes and initiatives and provide regular reports to management.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives by analysing data, identifying trends, and implementing innovative approaches to enhance safety and environmental performance.
- Manage the SHE department budget, ensuring optimal allocation of resources to meet objectives efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Professional certifications in SHE management (e.g., CSP, CIH, NEBOSH) preferred.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in safety, health, and environmental management. Strong knowledge of relevant safety and environmental regulations, codes and standards.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and collaborate at all levels of the organisation. Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data, assess risks and drive data-driven decisions.
- Previous experience in the construction or engineering industry, particularly with lightweight structures and facades, is highly advantageous. Demonstrated experience in leading teams, managing budgets and implementing effective training programmes.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive benefits package (e.g. company pension scheme with attractive employer contribution)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Collaborative, inclusive and intercultural work environment
- A high degree of responsibility and initiative with room for the realisation of new ideas
- Opportunity to work on innovative and cutting-edge projects
- Flexible working hours and 30 days annual leave
- Activities such as company yoga and joint company lunches