- Completed apprenticeship as a biological technical assistant or a corresponding qualification due to your professional experience, our last technician was a biology student, who wanted to stay in research, but not lead it - that also worked great
- Enthusiasm for research
- Willingness and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Previous experience in scientific projects, especially in field research (capture and tagging of animals as well as behavioral observation) is desirable
- Experience in handling laboratory animals (qualification according to FELASA category B) and in laboratory work (histology, staining and analysis, DNA extraction, PCR) is an advantage
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to speak German or willingness to learn
- Class B driver's license
- Efficient and independent way of working.
Candidates will work in a dynamic and highly international research environment. Our working language is English, but you'll be interacting with staff and animal caretakers, whose English is limited. The payment for the position is made in accordance with your experience and qualification, up to the salary group 9a of the collective agreement for the public service (TVöD-Bund). Questions about this position should be addressed to Dr. Dina Dechmann (firstname.lastname@example.org).