The two positions advertised here will focus on work around four major areas:
- Entering and organizing different types of data that were collected in the field, processing already entered data, as well as maintaining and expanding our MySQL orangutan behavioral data base.
- Collecting behavioral and laser photogrammetry data on orangutans in different zoos.
- Contributing to different scientific papers, in the form of data wrangling, analyses etc., according to the skills of the applicant.
- Public outreach and administration work for the SUAQ project, and research administration.
- State accreditation as a technician assistant or appropriate qualifications based on your professional experience or a university degree in biology, psychology, or a related field
- Strong interest in primate behavior
- Good team player who likes to be part of and contributing to different aspects of the research process
- Very good verbal and written language skills in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications and R programming language
- Experience with collecting and analyzing animal behavioral data
- Eye for detail and ability to work precisely
- Patience and stamina for detail work
- Good organizing skills
Additional skills that would be useful for the position:
- Knowledge of German language
- Knowledge of MySQL, Python, or other programming languages
- Knowledge of primate behavioral data collection protocols
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
- GPS data handling experience
- Experience with graphic design and photographs
- Writing skills (mainly English but also German and Indonesian)
- Experience with/ interest in conservation/ NGO work
- Experience with laser photogrammetry measurements