UMIT TIROL – Private University for Health Sciences and Technology is an accredited private university owned by the Province of Tyrol and the Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck with its headquarters in Hall in Tirol, Austria. UMIT TIROLis an internationally recognized university with a focus on Health Sciences, Life Sciencesund Health Care Technologies.
The Institute of Public Health, Medical Decision Making and Health Technology Assessment (Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uwe Siebert) of the Department of Public Health, Health Services Research and Health Technology Assessment is currently seeking to appoint a:
Senior Scientist / Assistant Professor in the Area of Climate Change and Environmental Health
For the EU Horizon Europe Project CATALYSE and other research projects in Climate Change and Environmental Health to commence as soon as possible and initially limited to two years in full-time or part-time (100%, 75% or 50%); an extension is possible and is being sought
- Participation in the Institute’s national and international research projects in the areas of Health Effects of Climate Change, Environmental Health, Global Public Health, and Epidemiology (e.g., CATALYSE, PARC)
- Independent development of research ideas, studies, and methodological approaches, especially in health effects of climate change
- Providing substance-matter advice to the team on the topic of influences of the environment, climate, and climate change on human health and the health care system
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Participation in the preparation of applications for research funding
- Involvement in teaching and educational organization, for example, in the areas of Public Health and Health Data & Decision Science, the UMIT TIROL Academy Program, and in continuing education measures.
- Completed university studies (doctorate, master's degree or comparable degree) / postdoctoral qualification
- Professional experience or good knowledge in epidemiology of climate-related and environmental health effects and their relevance for public health or related fields
- Good Knowledge in statistical software (R, SAS, Stata or equivalent software programs)
- Good written and oral English language skills
- A high level of motivation, analytical and conceptual thinking, initiative, teamwork and communication skills
We offer you:
- Opportunity to develop your own research focus in a highly motivated and interdisciplinary team
- Opportunity for further scientific qualification (e.g., doctorate/habilitation/Assistant or Associate Professorship at UMIT TIROL) within the framework of the international qualification model of UMIT TIROL.
- Opportunity for national and international network building
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Continuing education and training opportunities as part of the continuing education program for scientists at the Department
The salary is based on the salary and salary group scheme of UMIT TIROL and amounts to at least € 3,340.00 (full-time basis for postdoc). An overpayment is possible depending on qualifications and experience.
UMIT TIROL values diversity and therefore welcomes all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, world view, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. The university is also committed to promoting women in science and therefore expressly encourages qualified women to apply.
Please submit your application with the usual documents (letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, references) until 15 February 2023 exclusively in electronic form.
For further information please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Uwe Siebert (email@example.com, phone: +43-50-8648-3930).
UMIT TIROL – University for Health Sciences and Technology, Eduard-Wallnöfer-Zentrum1, A-6060 Hall in Tirol, Austria, Phone: +43 50 8648 3922;