As a Junior Cost Estimator (m/f/d) at our Special Lightweight Structures and Facades Engineering Company, you will support the estimation and cost analysis process for our innovative construction projects. You will work closely with the senior estimation team to prepare accurate and competitive project bids, contributing to the success and growth of our company.
- Assist senior estimators in accurately calculating the costs associated with specialised lightweight structures and facades projects. This includes materials, labour, equipment, subcontractors and other relevant expenses.
- Collaborate with the project team to perform quantity take-offs from architectural and engineering drawings to determine the required quantities of materials and components.
- Collect and analyse data related to project specifications, materials, labour rates, equipment costs and historical project data to ensure accurate cost estimates.
- Contribute to the preparation of detailed bid proposals, ensuring that all relevant costs are included and that the bid submission meets deadlines.
Vendor and Supplier Communication:
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors to gather accurate pricing information and maintain strong relationships to secure competitive pricing.
- Assist in tracking project costs and comparing actual costs against estimated costs, identifying discrepancies and providing insights for future projects.
- Maintain organised and up-to-date documentation related to cost estimates, bid proposals and project-specific information.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, construction methodologies and advancements in lightweight structures and facades engineering to enhance your estimating skills and contribute innovative ideas to the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineers, architects, project managers and procurement specialists to ensure accurate and comprehensive project estimates.
- Participate in peer reviews of estimates to ensure accuracy and consistency across various projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural and engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of construction materials, methods and terminology.
- Familiarity with construction estimation software and tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to meet project deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for learning and adapting to new technologies and industry developments.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive benefits package (e.g. company pension scheme with attractive employer contribution)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Collaborative, inclusive and intercultural work environment
- A high degree of responsibility and initiative with room for the realisation of new ideas
- Opportunity to work on innovative and cutting-edge projects
- Flexible working hours and 30 days annual leave
- Activities such as company yoga and joint company lunches