Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger—and tinier—than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips—the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own—faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The RAPID division is the world leading provider of reticle inspection solutions for the semiconductor industry. The company provides inspection solutions to both the mask shops and the semiconductor fabs to ensure that lithography yields are consistently high thus enabling cost-effective manufacturing.
Application Engineer (m/f/d)
- Be Go-To Product Expert: Answer expert level questions and requests from users of our semiconductor metrology equipment
- Drive Customer Satisfaction: Proactively ensure fast time-to-resolution for customer questions and requests
- Communication & Teamwork: Communicate and convince internal colleagues and external customers of your data-driven conclusions with concise verbal & written presentations, usually in English.
- Data Driven Problem Solving: Solve customer specific application issues, oftentimes, purely based on data and application logs that you received from customers
- New Feature Identification: Work with Customers and Field Teams from Asia, Europe, and America to understand new feature requests and translate them into clear requirements for our internal development team.
- International Training and Support: Travel to Asia, Europe, and America to train Customers and Field Application Engineers in using our product
- SW and Product Quality Control: Perform end-product acceptance tests and software quality tests prior to shipment of a new product or new software
At least Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math related subject
Top-notch English; German is a plus but not necessary
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Structured and systematic problem solver that can solve issues in a team environment
- Perseverance, drive and conscientiousness to solve important problems ASAP
Demonstrated competence in using MATLAB, R, SPPS, or other statistical software to do statistical analyses, such as ANOVA
Open-minded team player that is honest, forthright, and consistent
- Motivation to travel up to 25% to assist customers onsite
- Prior experience in semiconductor industry is a plus but not necessary
Please send you CV and letter of motivation!